This 36 hour AEMT refresher is delivered online in a virtual instructor led format (VILT). This EMT refresher does not provide practical skills validation. Your training officer or medical director must help you fulfill this requirement.
Passing this NREMT accepted 36 hour AEMT/I85 refresher training course will:
1. Give you CAPCE credit for the AEMT Refresher or 36 hours of LIVE training (F5). 2.Allow you to take the NREMT AEMT or EMT I85 examination 3 more times.
This 36 hour course is CAPCE Accredited and NREMT accepted. Included are 18 two hour lectures online plus etextbook. Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lectures are held in our virtual classroom. Check the for dates of lectures.
Students must complete each lecture and pass all exams with a score of 80% or better. (Students are allowed multiple exam attempts.)
Upon successful completion of the AEMT refresher lectures, a certificate of completion will be issued and made available to the student inside the online learning management system.
Refund Policy: Must be requested before completing 4 lectures.
• Good computer skills. This class is not for those just learning how to navigate the internet.
• High speed internet connection for viewing videos and virtual classroom attendance.
• Headset with microphone IF you intend on asking questions verbally. Headset is NOT required. Questions may be asked via chat.
• A desire to participate and learn.
Attendance will be taken throughout the AEMT refresher lectures (VILT). If your attendance cannot be verified you will not be given credit for that time.
Each class held in the virtual classroom will consist of several powerpoint lectures from AAOS Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured AND an assessment exam corresponding to each.
There will be a 10 minute break approximately once an hour.
No verbal questions will be permitted until completion of the lecture, however, Instructors will be taking questions via chat at all times. This class format allows students to get questions answered immediately while not stopping the lecture. More refresher material is covered and students can monitor chat questions and answers if they choose.
If you intend on asking verbal questions at the completion of each lecture, you must have headphones and a mic. Using your computers speakers and built in mic is not permitted as they can interfere with each other and may cause inaudible speech and feedback.
Internet connection problems. We understand that issues may arise with connectivity or software during the instructor led lectures in the virtual classroom. If something unforeseen interferes with a students ability to view and or hear the lectures, alternatives arrangements can be made to view the lectures in a different format or at a different time.
* EMT & Fire Training Inc. is a Proprietary School registered with the Idaho Board of Education. In addition, the school is recognized as a training institution by the Idaho Department of Emergency Medical Services.