This EMT Level CEU Package is available as an online distance learning (F3 DL) course.
These self-paced EMT CEU lectures may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login, watch the lectures and then take assessment exams over the material. Once the exams are successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is able to generate a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply these courses to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
This CEU Package includes:
Basic Assessment Cognitive Objectives
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the rapid physical exam and the instances in which it should be used.
2. Understand the different conditions that can result in an altered mental status.
3. Describe compensated shock.
4. Describe scene safety and it's importance.
5. Demonstrate the steps necessary to complete a medical and trauma assessment.
Airway Management Cognitive Objectives
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the physiologic processes involved with respiration.
2. Choose the correct airway management technique for various scenarios.
3. Describe appropriate use of a nasopharyngeal airway.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of proper BVM techniques during various scenarios.
5. Show an understanding of the physiologic processes, signs and symptoms of hypoxia.
Respiratory Emergencies Cognitive Objectives
1. List the structure and function of the respiratory system.
2. State the signs and symptoms of a patient with breathing difficulty.
3. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient with breathing difficulty.
4. Distinguish between the emergency medical care of the infant, child and adult patient with breathing difficulty.
5. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient with breathing distress.
6. Show an understanding of the relationship between airway management and the patient with breathing difficulty.
7. List signs of adequate air exchange.
8. State the generic name, medication forms, dose, administration, action, indications and contraindications for the prescribed inhaler.
Cardiovascular Emergencies Cognitive Objectives
1. Describe the structure and function of the cardiovascularsystem.
2. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient experiencing chest pain/discomfort.
3. List the indications for automated external defibrillation (AED).
4. List the contraindications for automated external defibrillation.
5. Establish the relationship between airway management and the patient with cardiovascular compromise.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of early defibrillation.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of urgent transport to a facility with Advanced Cardiac Life Support if it is not available in the prehospital setting.
8. Differentiate between the fully automated and the semiautomatic defibrillator.
9. State the reasons for assuring that the patient is pulseless and apneic when using the automated external defibrillator.
10. Understand the circumstances which may result in inappropriate shocks.
11. List the considerations for interruption of CPR, when using the automated external defibrillator.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)
Copyright 2009-2019 EMT & Fire Training Inc. All rights reserved.