What you get
when you enroll in this EMT course
Online Access to EMT & Fire Training Self Paced Learning Management System (LMS).
All of the didactic portion of the course is completed online in the LMS. This includes recorded lectures, videos, quizzes, exams and interactive activities.
Textbook and Workbook for EMT.
When you complete your enrollment your book/s are shipped from the publisher Jones & Bartlett. We are currently using AAOS Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured 11th Edition for the EMT course. This book and our course includes the new National Education Standards (NES) that follow the new EMT scope of practice.
24 Hour Instructor Helpdesk.
Students can use email, live chat or the LMS chat system to communicate with instructors 24 hours a day. Typically a live instructor is only available during normal business hours, but leaving a message will ensure a prompt reply. In cases where a student needs to speak to an instructor by phone, we will be happy to arrange a time to call you.
5 days of Hands on, Professional Instruction.
The final portion of the EMT course is the hands on instruction. Once the student has completed and passed the online course work they must attend and pass 5 days of hands on practical training.
This can be done at our facilities in Post Falls, Idaho OR our instructors can come to your facility for groups of 5 or more.Dates for trainings at our facilities are available on the calendar below as well as the enrollment form. You must choose a practical skills week to attend during the enrollment process. See calendar for scheduled practical skills weeks. If you are interested in our instructors coming to your facilities please call us at 1-888-783-8495.
• Be 18 years of age
• Provide a copy of current driver's license or state issued identification.
• Provide a copy of your high school diploma or the equivalent.
• All applicants must complete the Criminal Background Check through Student PreCheck.
• Upon acceptance into the program students are required to complete a 10-Panel Drug Test through Student PreCheck
How Do I Enroll?
1. To register for the course, please select the skills week below that you would like to attend. The skills week is the culminating event of the course, and all online coursework must be done prior to attending academy for the hands on training.
2. Pay the non-refundable $200 registration fee and receive access to the Enrollment Portal. You will be required to complete a background check, upload copies of your driver's license or ID, and submit your record of high school completion before being accepted into the program. This application fee is valid for 6 months.
3. Talk with our admissions team and complete/sign all documents. Feel free to read over the course catalog and program overview documents linked at the top of this page.
This course is designed to be completed in 5 months, however it offers flexibility for students who wish to complete quicker or take a little longer. Students must continue to make satisfactory progress every week on the course regardless of the length of their program.
What you get at the EMT training center
Single Occupancy Room for 5 nights with All Meals and Snacks Provided.
Standard queen bed room at Red Lion Hotel. All accommodations are included in the price of the course. Each student is provided 3 all you can eat meals a day. Common fare includes fresh deli sandwiches, chicken alfredo, fresh fruit salad, spring greens salad, burritos, brownies....the list goes on.* A vegetarian choice is provided at each meal. Student's don't just get hungry and thirsty at meal time so we provide granola bars, apples, oranges, bananas, juice, coffee, tea, water and soda all day.
Indoor Swimming Pool, Hot tub and Workout room and Wi-Fi.
These facilities are available to students when not in training. Students are encouraged to bring their laptop computers to skills week if they have one. Wi-Fi is available throughout the training center.
Personal Stethoscope & Blood Pressure Cuff with 2 EMS Academy T-shirts.
All students in our EMT courses get their own stethoscope, BP cuff and CPR mask to take home at the completion of the course. Academy T-Shirts are 100% cotton, pre-shrunk, and emblazoned with the EMT & Fire Training logo.
Liability Insurance, AHA Health Care Provider CPR Certification and Clinical Rotation time if Needed.
EMT & Fire Training Inc. provides each student with liability insurance for completing the required 10 patient contacts with an ambulance agency, hospital or fire department. If the agency or institution requests, we will send a certificate of liability directly to them to verify your coverage. This EMT course includes a full AHA Health Care Provider CPR Course. You will be issued your AHA Health Care Provider CPR Card upon successful completion. If a student is unable to obtain the necessary 10 patient contacts with an ambulance agency, fire department or hospital, we can arrange for those contacts during practical skills week.
Realistic Moulaged Scenarios.
During skills week, students in teams of two, respond and treat realistic patients with a variety of medical conditions and trauma injuries.
NREMT Test Preparation from EMT-National-Training.com
EMT National Training is the top of the food chain for NREMT cognitive exam preparation and you get it FREE as long as you need it. Used by over 160,000 EMTs and Paramedics to study for the NREMT exam, there is nothing on the market that even compares.
Transportation to and from Spokane International Airport (Sunday and Friday).
A shuttle bus or van depending on the class size will be waiting for students at the airport. The training center is about 45 minutes away from the Spokane International Airport.
NREMT EMT Online Course
- Lodging, Meals
(EMS Academy Skills Week)$750.00
- CPR Certification Course$75.00
- NREMT Psychomotor Exam Fee$100.00
- NREMT Cognitive Exam Fee$80.00
- Lab Fee$100.00
- Total Refundable Fees$3,330
- Initial Registration/Application Fee$200.00
- Student Eligibility -
- 10-Panel Drug Screen
(Paid directly to SentryMD)$46.00
- Criminal Background Check
(Paid directly to PreCheck)$39.50
- Immunization Tracking
(Paid directly to SentryMD)$29.50
- Books and Online Resources$350.00
- Total Non-Refundable Fees$665
- Initial Registration/Application Fee$200.00
|EMT Skills Weeks
|EMT - Jan 12th - 16th, 2020 Academy||FULL||FULL|
|EMT - Mar 8th - 12th, 2020 Academy||27/40||Now||Enroll Now|
|EMT - May 24th - 28th, 2020 Academy||5/40||Now||Enroll Now|
|EMT - Jul 12th - 16th, 2020 Academy||0/40||Now||Enroll Now|
|EMT - Aug 16th - 20th, 2020 Academy||1/40||Now||Enroll Now|
|EMT - Sep 20th - 24th, 2020 Academy||0/40||January 8, 2020||Enroll Now|
|EMT - Oct 18th - 22nd, 2020 Academy||0/40||February 18, 2020||Enroll Now|
|Not sure which date works best for you? Enroll now and choose a skills week later!
(We are always adding new skills weeks)
* EMT & Fire Training Inc. is a Proprietary School registered with the Idaho Board of Education. In addition, the school is recognized as a training institution by the Idaho Department of Emergency Medical Services.