NREMT Test and Skill Sheets
NREMT / Idaho Psychomotor Exam
EMT & Fire Training Inc. hosts National Registry of EMT's (NREMT) approved psychomotor exams several times a year. This page has all the information you need to register and pay for one of our upcoming exams. Since these exams are coordinated with multiple agencies there are several steps to the process that candidates must complete. Please follow the instructions below to ensure you are secured a seat on the exam roster for the exam you wish to attend.
How to enroll in a psychomotor exam hosted by EMT & Fire Training
1. The first step in the process is to log onto the NREMT website and access your account. (If you don't have an NREMT account you must set that up.) If you have not created an initial entry application for your level, please do so at this time. After creating the application you will be able to click on a link to create a Psychomotor Authorization To Test letter. Please save a copy of this letter. You will have to submit it to us to register for the test, and will also have to present it in person on test day.
2. To finalize your registration you must select the level of exam from below. You will be taken to a page where you can select the date of exam you are registering for and can submit payment. Your spot on the roster is not secured until payment has been received. You can pay now with our secure payment server by using your credit/debit card, or you can pay with a paypal account if you prefer.
Checks are also an acceptable form of payment, however, we do require all checks to be received at least 2 weeks before the exam date to allow for proper clearing of funds. If you are with an agency who is paying for you or several candidates at one time we will be glad to provide a customized invoice and coordinate with your agency to handle payment. You can contact our support team by chat or at the phone number and/or email listed at the bottom of this page.
Please click on the level below to be taken to the test date selection page
$50 per station
Important Information About the Exam
EMT & Fire Training has hosted over 150 NREMT psychomotor exams over the past 11 years. Evaluators for the exams are drawn from a large pool of highly qualified and trained EMS professionals. We strive to create a relaxed and comfortable testing environment for test candidates. You will be treated fairly and respectfully at all times. We ask that you provide the same courtesy to other candidates and the staff who administer the exam. The following information is provided to help you know what to expect on the day of the exam.
- NREMT Tests begin at 9:00 AM. You should arrive before that time. When the NREMT Exam Administrator walks into the candidate registration room and begins candidate orientation the doors are locked. Anyone arriving after this time will be turned away from the exam. There are no refunds for NREMT test fees.
- Candidates must bring their government issued picture ID to the test as well as a copy of your Psychomotor Authorization To Test (PATT) letter from your NREMT account. This verifies that you have completed an EMT course in the United States. The Exam Administrator will verify all candidates at the exam location.
- Electronic devices are NOT allowed with candidates during the exam. Please leave your phones, tablets, computers, mp3 players, or other electronic devices locked in your vehicle. The only exception to this rule is for those who require a way to be contacted in an emergency or need to contact someone due to illness/injury/health/etc. If you fall into this category you may leave your phone with the Exam Coordinator who will be running the exam. He/she will keep your phone and if you need to make or receive a call they will direct you where to go and monitor you.
- Lunch is provided to candidates during the exam. There is no additional fee for this. The lunches are simple sack lunches that consist of: sandwich, chips, cookies, and fruit. Water and coffee are provided all day during the NREMT test. You are welcome to bring your own sack lunch, snacks, and/or drinks. We do ask that no alcoholic beverages be brought to the exam location. You can party AFTER the exam is over!
- Candidates are welcome to bring their NREMT skill sheets, textbooks, notes, personal stethoscopes, or similar items that they may wish to study from or use during the exam. Any personal medical equipment that is brought to be used by a candidate will be inspected/reviewed by the onsite staff before being allowed into an exam station. Stethoscopes, BP cuffs, notepads, pens, etc. are all provided in each testing station where required. You are not required to bring any of your own equipment, however we know how attached EMS providers get to their things. EMT & Fire Training, Inc. is not liable for any damage or loss that occurs to personal equipment brought into the exam. You are responsible for your own items.
- Exam results are provided quickly and same day retests are normally held at every exam. If you failed any stations (but didn't fail the entire exam) then you can retest those stations the same day. You will be given a new evaluator in your retest station to help remove any chance of personal prejudice and ensure a fair exam. There is no additional charge for same day retests. Test takers who pass the exam will be eligible to take the NREMT cognitive exam. Computer adaptive tests are very accurate at assessing a studen't knowledge and understanding of patient care, ems operations, cardiac arrest management and other content areas.
- There will be a practice session held the afternoon before each open NREMT test. Instructors will be available to walk candidates through the equipment and stations that will be used during the exam. This session is free for all AEMT and Paramedic Candidates.
Driving Directions to the Exam Location
The address of the exam site is:
Red Lion Hotel Templin's on the River
414 E. First Avenue, Post Falls, ID 83854
(The test is held at the very eastern end of the complex in the basement level)
From Spokane and Seattle via I-90 East:
- Follow I-90 East to Post Falls
- Take Exit 5 - Spokane Street
- Turn right at the light at the end of the off-ramp
- Turn left on 1st Ave and follow for 2 blocks
- The hotel is on the right side
From Coeur d’Alene and Montana via I-90 West:
- Follow I-90 West to Post Falls
- Take Exit 5 - Spokane Street
- Turn left at the end of the off ramp
- Turn left again on 1st Ave and follow for 2 blocks
- The hotel is on the right side