1.5 hour CAPCE F3 (DL) CEU Course - EMT Allergic Reactions, Envenomations, Substance Abuse & Poisonings
The Self Paced EMT Allergic Reactions, Envenomations, Substance Abuse & Poisonins CEU lecture may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login online, watch the lectures and then take an assessment exam over the material. Once the exam is successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is automatically issued a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply this course to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
Self paced DL Course - 1.50 CEUS
Return to all CECBEMS F3 CEU courses
1. Demonstrate recognition of the patient experiencing an allergic reaction.
2. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient with an allergic reaction.
3. Describe the signs and symptoms of DT's
4. Describe the mechanisms of allergic response and the implications for airway management.
5. State the generic and trade names, medication forms, dose,
administration, action, and contraindications for the epinephrine auto-injector.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the need for medical direction in the emergency medical care of the patient with an allergic reaction.
7. Differentiate between the general category of those patients having an allergic reaction and those patients having an allergic
reaction and requiring immediate medical care, including immediate use of epinephrine auto-injector.
8. Describe the different routes of poisonings.
9. Describe the emergency medical care of the poisoning patient who is conscious and alert.
10. State the circumstances that would necessitate calling the poison control center.
11. List some common prescription medications that are abused.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)