This EMT Allergic Reactions, Envenomations, Substance Abuse & Poisoningsi CEU Course is available as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lecture must be completed in our online virtual classroom at pre-scheduled times on pre-scheduled days. In this format Instructors are available during the lectures to answer questions via chat and available via voice at the completion of the lecture. The VILT format qualifies as LIVE training. You may apply this CEU course to the LIVE hour requirements of the NREMT. Check Our Virtual Instructor Calendar
1. Demonstrate recognition of the patient experiencing an allergic reaction.
2. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient with an allergic reaction.
3. Describe the signs and symptoms of DT's
4. Describe the mechanisms of allergic response and the implications for airway management.
5. State the generic and trade names, medication forms, dose,
administration, action, and contraindications for the epinephrine auto-injector.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the need for medical direction in the emergency medical care of the patient with an allergic reaction.
7. Differentiate between the general category of those patients having an allergic reaction and those patients having an allergic
reaction and requiring immediate medical care, including immediate use of epinephrine auto-injector.
8. Describe the different routes of poisonings.
9. Describe the emergency medical care of the poisoning patient who is conscious and alert.
10. State the circumstances that would necessitate calling the poison control center.
11. List some common prescription medications that are abused.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)