1.5 Hour CAPCE F5 (VILT) CEU Course - EMT Cardiac Emergencies
This EMT Cardiovascular Emergencies CEU Course is available as a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lecture must be completed in our online virtual classroom at pre-scheduled times on pre-scheduled days. In this format Instructors are available during the lectures to answer questions via chat and available via voice at the completion of the lecture. The VILT format qualifies as LIVE training. You may apply this CEU course to the LIVE hour requirements of the NREMT. Check Our Virtual Instructor Calendar
VILT Live Course - 1.5 CEUS
Return to all CECBEMS F5 CEU courses
1. Describe the structure and function of the cardiovascularsystem.
2. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient experiencing chest pain/discomfort.
3. List the indications for automated external defibrillation (AED).
4. List the contraindications for automated external defibrillation.
5. Establish the relationship between airway management and the patient with cardiovascular compromise.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of early defibrillation.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of urgent transport to a facility with Advanced Cardiac Life Support if it is not available in the prehospital setting.
8. Differentiate between the fully automated and the semiautomatic defibrillator.
9. State the reasons for assuring that the patient is pulseless and apneic when using the automated external defibrillator.
10. Understand the circumstances which may result in inappropriate shocks.
11. List the considerations for interruption of CPR, when using the automated external defibrillator.
|This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)