The Self Paced EMT Cardiovascular Emergency CEU lecture may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login online, watch the lectures and then take an assessment exam over the material. Once the exam is successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is automatically issued a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply this course to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
Self paced DL Course - 1.00 CEUS
1. Describe the structure and function of the cardiovascularsystem.
2. Describe the emergency medical care of the patient experiencing chest pain/discomfort.
3. List the indications for automated external defibrillation (AED).
4. List the contraindications for automated external defibrillation.
5. Establish the relationship between airway management and the patient with cardiovascular compromise.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of early defibrillation.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of urgent transport to a facility with Advanced Cardiac Life Support if it is not available in the prehospital setting.
8. Differentiate between the fully automated and the semiautomatic defibrillator.
9. State the reasons for assuring that the patient is pulseless and apneic when using the automated external defibrillator.
10. Understand the circumstances which may result in inappropriate shocks.
11. List the considerations for interruption of CPR, when using the automated external defibrillator.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)