This EMT Neurologic & Diabetic Emergencies CEU Course is a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lecture must be completed in our online virtual classroom at pre-scheduled times on pre-scheduled days. In this format Instructors are available during the lectures to answer questions via chat and available via voice at the completion of the lecture. The VILT format qualifies as LIVE training. You may apply this CEU course to the LIVE hour requirements of the NREMT. Check Our Virtual Instructor Calendar
VILT Live Course -2.00 CEUS
Cognitive Objectives Neurologic Emergencies
1. Identify the signs, symptoms and treatment of a patient who has had a stroke.
2. Describe the signs and symptoms of status epilepticus.
3. Describe the postictal state and your potential treatments .
4. Identify treatment priorities when treating a patient who has had a stroke.
5. State different causes of seizures.
6. Recognize the need for appropriate history gathering of stroke patients.
7. List signs and symptoms of a cerebral aneurysm.
8. Describe hypertension's potential role in a cerebral aneurysm.
9. Describe the right and left cerebral hemispheres and what they control.
10. Identify the patient taking diabetic medications with altered mental status and the implications of a diabetes history.
11. State the generic and trade names, medication forms, dose, administration, action, and contraindications for oral glucose
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)