1.25 hour CAPCE F3 (DL) CEU Course - EMT Obstetric & Gynecologic Emergencies
The Self Paced EMT Obstetric & Gynecologic Emergencies CEU lecture may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login online, watch the lectures and then take an assessment exam over the material. Once the exam is successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is automatically issued a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply this course to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
Self paced DL Course - 1.25 CEUS
Return to all CECBEMS F3 CEU courses
1. Differentiate the emergency medical care provided to a patient with pre-delivery emergencies from a normal delivery.
2. State the steps in the pre-delivery preparation of the mother.
3. Establish the relationship between body substance isolation and childbirth.
4. State the steps to assist in the delivery.
5. Describe care of the baby as the head appears.
6. Describe how and when to cut the umbilical cord.
7. Describe the stages of labor.
8. Demonstrate the ability to calculate an apgar score.
9. Describe the difference between placenta abruptio and placenta previa.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)