This EMT Pediatric CEU Course is available as an online, self paced, distance learning (DL) course.
The Self Paced EMT Pediatric CEU lecture may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login online, watch the lectures and then take an assessment exam over the material. Once the exam is successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is automatically issued a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply this course to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
Self paced DL Course - 2.50 CEUS
Return to all CECBEMS F3 CEU courses
1. Identify the developmental and communications considerations for children of all ages
2. Describe SIDS
3. Demonstrate a knowledge of 1 and 2 person pediatric CPR
4. List considerations of performing assessments on pediatric patients.
5. Understand potential signs of child abuse.
6. List the signs and symptoms of injuries to the head.
7. Summarize emergency medical care strategies for respiratory distress and respiratory failure.
8. Identify the signs and symptoms of shock (hypoperfusion) in the infant and child patient.
9. Describe the methods of determining end organ perfusion in the infant and child patient.
10. State the usual cause of cardiac arrest in infants and children versus adults.
11. List the common causes of seizures in the infant and child patient.
12. Describe airway management techniques for pediatric trauma and medical patients.
13. Differentiate between the injury patterns in adults, infants, and children.
14. List critical burn patterns in pediatric patients.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)