This EMT Preparatory CEU Course is available as an online distance learning (F3 DL) course.
The Self Paced EMT Preparatory CEU lecture may be completed on the students own schedule. Students login, watch the lectures and then take an assessment exam over the material. Once the exam is successfully completed with a score of 80% or better, the student is automatically issued a certificate of completion. Multiple exam attempts are permited. You may apply this course to the NREMT required hours of NON-live continuing education.
Self paced DL Course - 2.25 CEUS
1. Demonstrate an understanding of safe lifting and moving procedures.
2. Show an understanding of disease transmission.
3. Identify the changes in vital signs that occur during stress.
4. Identify proper ambulance disinfecting procedures
5. Demonstrate a knowledge of the EMT's roll during suspected child abuse.
6. Recognize the potential complications of DNR's, terminally ill patients and family members.
7. Show an understanding of medical direction and it's roll in EMS.
8. Be able to describe the different types of consent.
9. Identify situations that could result in violation of privacy laws.
10. Describe the reasons for using CQI.
11. Describe protocols and the reasons for having them.
Copyright 2009-2019 EMT & Fire Training Inc. All rights reserved.