1.5 Hour CAPCE F5 (VILT) CEU Course - EMT Head & Spine Injuries
This EMT Head & Spine Injuries CEU Course with Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lecture must be completed in our online virtual classroom at pre-scheduled times on pre-scheduled days. In this format Instructors are available during the lectures to answer questions via chat and available via voice at the completion of the lecture. The VILT format qualifies as LIVE training. You may apply this CEU course to the LIVE hour requirements of the NREMT. Check Our Virtual Instructor Calendar
VILT Live Course - 1.50 CEUS
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the cranium and cerebral edema.
2. List the steps to immobilizing a patient to a longboard.
3. Define the structure of the skeletal system as it relates to the nervous system.
4. Relate mechanism of injury to potential injuries of the head and spine.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of where spinal immobilization falls in the assessment process.
6. State the signs and symptoms of a potential spine injury.
7. Describe the method of determining if a responsive patient may have a spine injury.
8. Describe the airway emergency medical care techniques to the patient with a suspected spine injury.
9. Describe how to stabilize the cervical spine.
10. Describe the parts of the nervous system.
|This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)