2 Hour CAPCE F5 (VILT) CEU Course - EMT Environmental & Behavioral Emergencies
||This EMT Environmental & Behavioral Emergencies CEU Course is a Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT).
The Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) lecture must be completed in our online virtual classroom at pre-scheduled times on pre-scheduled days. In this format Instructors are available during the lectures to answer questions via chat and available via voice at the completion of the lecture. The VILT format qualifies as LIVE training. You may apply this CE course to the LIVE hour requirements of the NREMT. Check Our Virtual Instructor Calendar
VILT Live Course - 2.00 CEUS
1. Describe the various ways that the body loses heat.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of epinephrine and it's uses for the EMT.
4. List the signs and symptoms of exposure to heat.
5. Explain the steps in providing emergency care to a patient exposed to heat.
7. Describe the signs and symptoms and treatment options of poisoning emergencies.
8. Demonstrate an understanding of treatment options in the emergency medical care of bites and stings.
2. Discuss the general factors that may cause an alteration in apatient's behavior.
3. State the breath sounds you would hear in patient with upper respiratory swelling.
4. Discuss the characteristics of an individual's behavior whichsuggests that the patient is at risk for suicide.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of the considerations for managing overdose emergencies.
6. Demonstrate an understanding of the special circumstances that can be encountered when assessing a patient with behavioral problems.
7. Demonstrate the knowledge of the general behaviors which suggests that a patient may be at risk for violence.
8. List methods to calm behavioral emergency patients.
This continuing education activity is approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education - CAPCE (Formerly the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services - CECBEMS)